DIY RC FIY
I've always had a thing for remote control (RC) aircraft. The kid and I have several half-broken ones to prove it. So now I'm thinking about taking it to the next level. Literally. With a DIY Drone -- a kind of aerial robot. You fly it yourself (FIY), but with your feet on the ground and a controller in your hands.
While the kid's interest is in piloting one, mine is in using it to shoot pictures. I've done some of that already, using far heavier aircraft.
There's a Linux angle too. Microcontrol platforms like the Ardrino are open source in both hardware and software.
So I'm measuring interest here. Anybody else around here into this stuff? Is it something we should pursue here at Linux Journal?
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Ensono M.O.
- Own Your DNS Data
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- Simple Server Hardening
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)