I need to interact with the DHCP client from user space. It appears I can use dhcpctl, however the man pages say that dhcpctl is for the server deamon while the ISC documentation suggests it can control the client as well. What I need to do is get a callback when a lease has been acquired and be able to release or renew the lease from user space. Any examples or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Special Reports: DevOps
Have projects in development that need help? Have a great development operation in place that can ALWAYS be better? Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
With deep focus on Collaborative Development, Continuous Testing and Release & Deployment, we offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, advice & help from the experts, plus a host of other books, videos, podcasts and more. All free with a quick, one-time registration. Start browsing now...
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- Vagrant Simplified
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- Non-Linux FOSS: Code Your Way To Victory!
- Bluetooth Hacks
- October 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Raspberry Pi
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- New Products
- SUSE – “Will not diverge from its Open Source roots!”