I need to interact with the DHCP client from user space. It appears I can use dhcpctl, however the man pages say that dhcpctl is for the server deamon while the ISC documentation suggests it can control the client as well. What I need to do is get a callback when a lease has been acquired and be able to release or renew the lease from user space. Any examples or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- EdgeRouter Lite
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Encrypt Your Dog (Mutt and GPG)
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- New Products