I need to interact with the DHCP client from user space. It appears I can use dhcpctl, however the man pages say that dhcpctl is for the server deamon while the ISC documentation suggests it can control the client as well. What I need to do is get a callback when a lease has been acquired and be able to release or renew the lease from user space. Any examples or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
|My Humble Little Game Collection||May 28, 2015|
|New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality||May 27, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat||May 26, 2015|
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
- New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu