Demonstrating Open-Source Healthcare Solutions (DOHCS) 2009 Conference
THIRD ANNUAL DEMONSTRATING OPEN-SOURCE HEALTHCARE SOLUTIONS (DOHCS) CONFERENCE LAUNCHES ANNUAL LINUX GATHERING
Lend Your Voice to this Crucial Discussion as America Transitions to a New Era
Arguably, the unique elements of the 2008/2009 recession combined with a change in administration and governing philosophy constitute a unique historical moment as demonstrated by ongoing events:
- With the election of Barack Obama, government involvement in healthcare will increase, particularly with regard to the use of healthcare information technology.
- California Rep. Pete Stark’s Health-e Information Technology Act of 2008 endeavors to create a “nationwide Health IT infrastructure for the electronic exchange of health care information …”
- In 2006 Massachusetts required health insurance for all residents and established agencies dedicated to fulfilling this law. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts now requires hospitals to use computerized provider order entry (CPOE) technology. California has been considering similar legislation.
The trends are in evidence. Looking to the future of healthcare in the U.S., we can get an idea of what’s coming. How will we prepare for and contribute to these rapidly evolving scenarios?
Join the Demonstrating Open-Source Healthcare Solutions (DOHCS) 2009 conference on February 9 to discuss and learn more about these and related issues. Now in its third year as special lead-in event for the Southern California Linux Expo (SCaLE), DOHCS offers those with an interest in Linux, open source, and healthcare the opportunity to share ideas and organize around achievable projects to address one of the looming concerns of the early twenty-first century. Where proprietary technology has proven itself unable to advance this crucial industry, open source promises the transparency and collaboration on which quality patient care is built.
Both SCaLE and DOHCS will be held at the Los Angeles Westin LAX. Visit http://www.dohcs.org/ for more information and to register for the event. Your participation matters. Please join us.
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- On Your Marks, Get Set...Gutsy Gibbon!
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux