Cool Projects--Call for Articles
Are you working on a cool Linux project? Do you want an excuse to work on a cool Linux project? Have you always wanted to do awesome things with Linux, but were afraid no one would appreciate your efforts?
Linux Journal is looking for a handful of articles for our upcoming "Cool Projects" issue. Here's a link to last year's, if you want to see some of the things we came up with last August. It's an incredibly fun issue, and we'd love for you to be a part of making it happen.
Here are some examples of the types of things we're looking for:
- Homemade Roomba
- Linux based "smarthome"
- Wireless mailman notification system (like, the real mailman)
- Awesome case mods
- In car computer systems
- *insert awesome idea here*
You get the idea. We want everyone to be able to have fun, though, so we're looking for distinct, reproducible, HOW-TO type stuff. And for those readers unable to actually do the projects, be sure to include lots of photos along way, so they can at least enjoy the projects vicariously.
So that's it! Send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're anxious to see what you come up with!
Jill Franklin, Executive Editor, Linux Journal
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Non-Linux FOSS: Let's Make Music Together
- Two Pi R
- Best. Cake. Ever.
- The Geek's Guide to the Coolest 2013 Holiday Gifts
- A Handy U-Boot Trick
- AIDE—Developing for Android on Android
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
14 hours 33 min ago
- Thanks for clearing that up.
19 hours 56 min ago
- Nice coding on the cake. I
1 day 7 hours ago
- Baker's identity
1 day 12 hours ago
- Uber jealous
1 day 17 hours ago
- Reality is disapointing
2 days 3 hours ago
- Máy sấy quần áo
2 days 6 hours ago
- Services on GlusterFS
2 days 6 hours ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
2 days 8 hours ago
- Definitely cool stuff here
2 days 9 hours ago