Toronto has a lot going on, especially if you are into Linux. For those in your family who are not into Linux there is lots to do for them as well.
First we have the Free Software and Open Source Symposium in Toronto, Oct 23/24.
A list of the presentations are here: http://fsoss.senecac.on.ca/2008/?q=node/14
Then there is the Ontario Linux Fest on October 25.
A list of the presentations is here: http://onlinux.ca/topics/OLF2008
You could not find a better week to be in Toronto since the Blue Jays won the World Series. But what about your significant other who may not care to be at a computer conference? Toronto has great shopping, shows, parks, museums, and art galleries.
Do you like Castles built by eccentrics? we have one here.
Do you like dinosaur bones? We have them at the Royal Ontario Museum along with lots of other neat stuff.
Fine art your thing? The Art Gallery of Ontario is one of the great galleries of the world.
Live theater? lots of that too.
We have great restaurants as well.
Check out the Toronto Tourism Website at:
There is always lots to see and do in Toronto. Our Linux conferences are just an extra reason to come.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- New Products
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
1 hour 19 min ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
2 hours 16 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
15 hours 40 min ago
- It's Jupiter
16 hours 40 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
17 hours 42 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
22 hours 28 min ago
- Studying linux, and looking
1 day 1 hour ago
- voting for Best Linux Distribution
1 day 10 hours ago
- tizen vs android
1 day 14 hours ago
- i switch my choice from KDE
1 day 14 hours ago