Check to see if a script was run as root
If you need to make sure a script is run as root, add the following to the start of the script:
if [[ $UID -ne 0 ]]; then echo "$0 must be run as root" exit 1 fi
Mitch Frazier is an Associate Editor for Linux Journal.
Special Reports: DevOps
Have projects in development that need help? Have a great development operation in place that can ALWAYS be better? Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
With deep focus on Collaborative Development, Continuous Testing and Release & Deployment, we offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, advice & help from the experts, plus a host of other books, videos, podcasts and more. All free with a quick, one-time registration. Start browsing now...
- The Ubuntu Conspiracy
- A First Look at IBM's New Linux Servers
- Vigilante Malware
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- Vagrant Simplified
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- Bluetooth Hacks
- Non-Linux FOSS: Code Your Way To Victory!