I have a question to which I am trying to find an answer. If suexec is enabled in apache, a user can run his scripts under his own ID. It is fine. My questions are
1. In the first place for what purposes a user want to run CGI under his own ID.
2. Whatever is the purpose , why can't we change the permissions for the user accordingly in his virtual host entry in httpd conf file
3. Also I read that there are dangers in enabling suexec. What are the dangers. Some where it is written that when other users can execute his CGI scripts . it poses a danger to the server. How is this caused. Please explain me with a scenario.
I have read many articles , but I could not understand why the users want to run CGI scripts under their own ID. Why can't they be run under server's ID as nobody .
Thank You very much.
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- RSS Feeds
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- Returning Values from Bash Functions