Some tools are so amazing, but unfortunately, if no one ever talks about them, many folks never hear of them. One of those programs is BackupPC. You may have heard Kyle Rankin and myself talk about BackupPC on the Linux Journal Insider podcast, or perhaps you've seen us write about it here in Linux Journal before. If you haven't checked it out, you owe it to yourself to do so. BackupPC has some great features:
Hard drive-based backups, no tape swapping.
Support for NFS, SSH, SMB and rsync.
Hard linking to save valuable disk space.
Individual files can be restored in place in real time.
Powerful and simple Web interface.
E-mail notification on errors.
BackupPC is one of those projects that doesn't get updated terribly often. It doesn't have flashy graphics. It doesn't require constant maintenance. It just works, and it works well. Check it out: backuppc.sourceforge.net.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- New Products
- ~Putlocker~2014 Watch Boyhood Online Streaming Full Movie
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- RSS Feeds