audio driver and I2C
Hello everybody !
I'm trying to write an audio driver for an audio chip controlled by the I2C bus...
My problem is that I don't have anything related to my audio chip in the /dev/ (audio, dsp, mixer...) directory... and I need it to implement mi ioctl function.
the other problem, is that I don't know how to use the i2c in kernel space...
I know I have to use i2c_master_send() but I d'ont know how to open the I2C and get the appropriate i2c_client structure...
anyone have an idea ?
- October 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Embedded
- Encrypt Your Dog (Mutt and GPG)
- Practical Tiny Core in the Fire Service
- DevOps for Dummies
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- New Products
- RSS Feeds
- Open Axiom
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal