audio driver and I2C
Hello everybody !
I'm trying to write an audio driver for an audio chip controlled by the I2C bus...
My problem is that I don't have anything related to my audio chip in the /dev/ (audio, dsp, mixer...) directory... and I need it to implement mi ioctl function.
the other problem, is that I don't know how to use the i2c in kernel space...
I know I have to use i2c_master_send() but I d'ont know how to open the I2C and get the appropriate i2c_client structure...
anyone have an idea ?
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development