Android Sneaks Out An Awesome Gmail Upgrade
One of my biggest beefs with Gmail on my Droid (rooted, running Cyanogenmod 6.1.2) is that I could never reply with an address other than my gmail account. I have several accounts tied to gmail, and with the web client, you can choose which account to reply with. In fact, Gmail does a good job of replying with the address the email was sent to.
Except with Android.
It drove me nuts. Many of you have probably emailed me at my linuxjournal.com email address, only to get a response from my trunkboy account on Gmail. It's driven me insane for over a year now. Until today anyway.
One of the recent updates to my Gmail application added a really nice feature; pick which account to reply from. It's possible it's been around for a while, but I just noticed it. Now, the native Android Gmail app works just like the web version, and I look a little more professional when I reply. Well, apart from my signature file...
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- New Products
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
11 min 21 sec ago
2 hours 6 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
3 hours 25 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
5 hours 59 min ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
6 hours 56 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
20 hours 21 min ago
- It's Jupiter
21 hours 20 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
22 hours 22 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
1 day 3 hours ago
- Studying linux, and looking
1 day 6 hours ago