Android Sneaks Out An Awesome Gmail Upgrade
One of my biggest beefs with Gmail on my Droid (rooted, running Cyanogenmod 6.1.2) is that I could never reply with an address other than my gmail account. I have several accounts tied to gmail, and with the web client, you can choose which account to reply with. In fact, Gmail does a good job of replying with the address the email was sent to.
Except with Android.
It drove me nuts. Many of you have probably emailed me at my linuxjournal.com email address, only to get a response from my trunkboy account on Gmail. It's driven me insane for over a year now. Until today anyway.
One of the recent updates to my Gmail application added a really nice feature; pick which account to reply from. It's possible it's been around for a while, but I just noticed it. Now, the native Android Gmail app works just like the web version, and I look a little more professional when I reply. Well, apart from my signature file...
|Daily Giveaway - Fun Prizes from Red Hat!||Oct 25, 2016|
|Installing and Running a Headless Virtualization Server||Oct 25, 2016|
|Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim||Oct 21, 2016|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!||Oct 20, 2016|
|Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8||Oct 19, 2016|
|Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core||Oct 19, 2016|
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- An Introduction to Tabled Logic Programming with Picat
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script