Android Sneaks Out An Awesome Gmail Upgrade
One of my biggest beefs with Gmail on my Droid (rooted, running Cyanogenmod 6.1.2) is that I could never reply with an address other than my gmail account. I have several accounts tied to gmail, and with the web client, you can choose which account to reply with. In fact, Gmail does a good job of replying with the address the email was sent to.
Except with Android.
It drove me nuts. Many of you have probably emailed me at my linuxjournal.com email address, only to get a response from my trunkboy account on Gmail. It's driven me insane for over a year now. Until today anyway.
One of the recent updates to my Gmail application added a really nice feature; pick which account to reply from. It's possible it's been around for a while, but I just noticed it. Now, the native Android Gmail app works just like the web version, and I look a little more professional when I reply. Well, apart from my signature file...
|August 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming||Aug 01, 2014|
|August 2014 Video Preview||Aug 01, 2014|
|Open-Source Space||Jul 31, 2014|
|Silicon Mechanics Gives Back||Jul 30, 2014|
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
- Open-Source Space
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Numerical Python
- August 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- New Storage Solution is Music to the Ears of Fast-Growing Digital Music Company
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep