Android Sneaks Out An Awesome Gmail Upgrade
One of my biggest beefs with Gmail on my Droid (rooted, running Cyanogenmod 6.1.2) is that I could never reply with an address other than my gmail account. I have several accounts tied to gmail, and with the web client, you can choose which account to reply with. In fact, Gmail does a good job of replying with the address the email was sent to.
Except with Android.
It drove me nuts. Many of you have probably emailed me at my linuxjournal.com email address, only to get a response from my trunkboy account on Gmail. It's driven me insane for over a year now. Until today anyway.
One of the recent updates to my Gmail application added a really nice feature; pick which account to reply from. It's possible it's been around for a while, but I just noticed it. Now, the native Android Gmail app works just like the web version, and I look a little more professional when I reply. Well, apart from my signature file...
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- How to Deliver Hybrid Apps in 2 Weeks [Webcast]
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Django Templates
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet