Android Candy: Humans, Run!
Whether you're a fan of the shambling brain-munchers or you prefer your undead to sprint from victim to victim, zombies are amazingly popular. In an ironic twist, the most unhealthy members of humanity, or former members, can help you become the healthiest!
"Zombies, Run!" is an application for your Android phone that uses GPS and your music collection to help motivate you to exercise. A slim waist and a great beach body might be enough to get you running, but how about the sounds of an approaching zombie horde? It's a twisted motivator, but it really works!
The application isn't free, but at $7.99 (or less if you find it on sale), it costs about as much as an extra-large frozen mocha latte. Both investments will affect your health, but in this case, the zombies are far better for you. Check it out at https://www.zombiesrungame.com.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Giving Silos Their Due
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Firefox OS
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk