Android Candy: Gurk—8 Bits of Awesome
Gurk really shouldn't be awesome. The controls are awkward on-screen arrow keys. The graphics make the original Nintendo look state of the art in comparison. The gameplay is slow.
And yet I just spent two hours straight playing it!
Image via Google Play Store
If you ever spent hours and hours battling slime molds in Final Fantasy, or, like me, you feel turn-based fighting is how civilized people should battle, Gurk is made for you. It takes all the old features of turn-based RPG games of the 1990s and puts them into your modern Android tablet.
There are some incredible emulators available for Android, and they will indeed let you play the old classic NES RPG games. The problem is, they all require ROM files that are legally questionable. Gurk provides that same nostalgic gameplay, but in a program natively created for your phone or tablet. And if you fall in love with Gurk like I did, there's also Gurk 2, which costs a couple dollars, but it looks even more incredible than Gurk!
Check it out today at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.larvalabs.gurk.
- Two Pi R
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- AIDE—Developing for Android on Android
- Best. Cake. Ever.
- The Geek's Guide to the Coolest 2013 Holiday Gifts
- A Handy U-Boot Trick
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Uber jealous
2 hours 26 min ago
- Reality is disapointing
12 hours 58 min ago
- Máy sấy quần áo
15 hours 44 min ago
- Services on GlusterFS
15 hours 54 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
17 hours 34 min ago
- Definitely cool stuff here
18 hours 36 min ago
- thanks for the information
19 hours 47 min ago
- nice information thanks
20 hours 25 min ago
23 hours 21 min ago
- The lost opportunity of security
1 day 11 hours ago