Akamai is looking for GREAT Engineers!
I am an in-house recruiter at Akamai Technologies and wanted share two job opportunities in San Mateo, CA. Below are a brief description and link to full details. Ideally, we are looking for local candidates. Please forward this to anyone you know who could be a fit. Thanks.
3125 Clearview Way
San Mateo, CA 94402
Senior OS Software Engineer
We are looking to a Senior OS Software Engineer for the Runtime OS side of Akamai's Application Performance Services offering. This position involves supporting custom changes to the Operating System environment on our application servers: the Debian/Ubuntu archives provide the reference framework for the Operating System, to which Akamai-specific customizations are made to expose internals to applications, as well as to implement policy changes across the entire network of 40,000 servers.
Senior Kernel Development Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Kernel team, you will be responsible for developing extensions, while maintaining the integrity of the Akamai kernel, in the areas of I/O subsystem and drivers, File systems, device drivers, file data related memory management, as well as, the associated user space tools and utilities.
- September 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- RSS Feeds
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts