Adobe Levels the Playing Field with AIR 1.5 for Linux
Adobe releases AIR 1.5 for Linux today, December 18, 2008. This is great news for Linux users that have been stuck with 1.1 Beta. AIR applications that have been unable to install should install and run without problems.
Also of note, there was a small update to the Adobe Flash Player yesterday, that smooths out a few glitches with the web-based application installer mechanism AIR uses to install local apps.
Adobe has committed to releasing all future updates to AIR in tandem for all 3 operating systems they support. No more will the Linux community need to wait months to get the new version.
Not familiar with AIR? That's OK, it's a great time to check it out. The Adobe Marketplace has tons of applications to try.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer