Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
I've always loved PHPMyAdmin for managing MySQL databases. It's Web-based, fairly robust and as powerful as I've ever needed. Basically, it's awesome. Today, however, I discovered something better than awesome: Adminer. Although it is conceptually identical to PHPMyAdmin, it is far simpler and far more powerful. How can it be both? The Adminer Web site has a great feature comparison: http://www.adminer.org/en/phpmyadmin.
For me, the interface is basic, no-nonsense and intuitive. I like that installation is a single PHP file, and I also like that it supports alternate database systems like Postgres. If you are someone who prefers to use a Web interface over the command line, don't be ashamed. Heck, I recently managed an entire database department at a university, and I still prefer a Web-based interface. Anyway, if you're like me, you'll love Adminer. Get your copy today at http://www.adminer.org.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- A More Stable Future for Ubuntu
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd