Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
I've always loved PHPMyAdmin for managing MySQL databases. It's Web-based, fairly robust and as powerful as I've ever needed. Basically, it's awesome. Today, however, I discovered something better than awesome: Adminer. Although it is conceptually identical to PHPMyAdmin, it is far simpler and far more powerful. How can it be both? The Adminer Web site has a great feature comparison: http://www.adminer.org/en/phpmyadmin.
For me, the interface is basic, no-nonsense and intuitive. I like that installation is a single PHP file, and I also like that it supports alternate database systems like Postgres. If you are someone who prefers to use a Web interface over the command line, don't be ashamed. Heck, I recently managed an entire database department at a university, and I still prefer a Web-based interface. Anyway, if you're like me, you'll love Adminer. Get your copy today at http://www.adminer.org.
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration