I need to add an existing user to an existing group with my new ldap setup, which is running on a Debian lenny server. Here's what I've got for an ldif file:
and here is my command and output:
robert:~# ldapmodify -x -D cn=admin,dc=newcrossroads,dc=net -W -f /var/tmp/adduser.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
modifying entry "cn=johnstones,ou=Groups,dc=newcrossroads,dc=net"
ldap_modify: Object class violation (65)
additional info: attribute 'uniqueMember' not allowed
I've also attempted to do the job with ldapscipts with the following results:
robert:~# ldapaddusertogroup jess johnstones
Group johnstones not found (or jess already member of johnstones)
That last in particular confuses me; the group exists and every attempt I've made to add the user has failed. So two questions:
How do I write a proper ldif file to add a user to a group?
How do I view group membership?
Please bear in mind that I really don't know what I'm doing. I got ldap running more through good luck than good practices. Unfortunately the online guides I've found assume that you do know what you're doing, and I've been fighting with this for three days. Can anyone help?
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Mars Needs Women
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Web Administration Scripts
- New Products
- animal pajamas
1 hour 50 min ago
- thanks for you post.
1 hour 57 min ago
- thanks for share, great
19 hours 11 min ago
- There are factors which are
1 day 10 min ago
- Gnome 3 ?
1 day 55 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
1 day 5 hours ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
1 day 15 hours ago
- on the ground
1 day 21 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
1 day 22 hours ago
- since i have read the title i
2 days 2 hours ago