my name is Kastiro Malcolm. i am in my final year pursuing a Bachelors degree in Information Technology. I am also embarking on a Project. it is similar to the one at this link http://new.linuxfocus.org/English/December2005/article390.html
An ad hoc Mobile office using open source Technology.
We are planing on doing everything in Suse10.3. Basically the whole concept of our project to for disaster response kind of thing where by in case there is a natural calamity where info sharing is vital, one would need an all in one solution box, set it up ASAP & begin to function
the basic functionalities we wanted to add include;
* File sharing
* Remote backup
* User authentication
* Net sharing
* To mention but a few
Basically, what we want to achieve this and be able to have office capabilities regardless of where one is but using Suse.
I don't know if ad hoc is the way forward because we are looking at an all in one solution box which to the best of my knowledge would be easily implemented in Server-Client model. It is possible to have Linux inter operate with Windows in case of ad hoc. I would appreciate any help render. Thanks.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Linux Systems Administrator
- The kernel doesn't really
4 hours 44 min ago
5 hours 15 min ago
5 hours 15 min ago
7 hours 20 min ago
- This should be very helpful
8 hours 34 min ago
- As much as I share your point
10 hours 53 min ago
- So girls had it better ?
14 hours 25 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
14 hours 45 min ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
20 hours 18 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
1 day 1 hour ago