Acquia Announces General Availability of Drupal Commons 3.0
BURLINGTON, MA – February 26, 2013 – Acquia, the leading open cloud platform for integrated digital experiences, today released Drupal Commons 3.0 to accelerate the creation of digital communities and social applications. This release builds on Acquia’s OpenWEM initiative for digital marketers by offering social business capabilities as a unified component of a content, community and commerce platform, powered by open source Drupal.
Built on Drupal 7, Drupal Commons 3.0 enables digital businesses to achieve breakthrough results with social applications for customer communities, brand advocacy, social commerce and employee collaboration. Most importantly, Drupal Commons is open at its core. It can be easily integrated into every component of the digital marketing ecosystem – from marketing automation to social analytics, including Marketo, Facebook, Badgeville, Google Analytics, and many more. Drupal Commons frees organizations from the complexity of custom application development so digital teams can focus on engaging their communities.
This third generation release of Drupal Commons includes the following new capabilities:
- Instant community applications – Ready to use, out-of-the-box. Digital marketers and community managers can quickly focus on engaging with customers, prospects and partners.
- Flexibility to build branded, social experience – Drupal Commons gives community managers unprecedented control over design, UX, and capabilities, enabling them to build delightful social experiences that turn collaboration into business value.
- Unified content and community platform – Drupal Commons delivers a consistent user experience for community managers, contributors and application developers, eliminating the unneeded cost and complexity associated with social point solutions.
- Responsive Mobile support – Drupal Commons natively supports responsive design, enabling community members to connect and participate in social interactions on their preferred device.
- Personalized content delivery – Drupal Commons’ intelligent content system continuously analyzes engagement – number of comments, likes and views – to deliver relevant content to each member, based on their interests.
- Open API support – Quickly integrate digital marketing technologies into Drupal Commons to streamline participation, optimize experiences, and collect valuable insights into the needs of prospects, customers and partners.
“Drupal Commons deployed on Acquia Cloud offers digital marketers and IT professionals an innovative social business solution that helps organizations build deeper customer relationships, which in turn lead to greater insights and action,” said Tom Erickson, CEO of Acquia. “Online communities and social applications have a direct influence on the buying process. Drupal Commons helps our customers build better community applications that improve customer satisfaction, accelerate purchase decisions and engage zealous brand advocates.”
The combination of Drupal Commons running on Acquia Cloud offers digital marketers and community managers a complete solution that takes advantage of Acquia’s digital experience suite, unleashing the power of community to achieve social business breakthroughs. Working with Acquia, organizations can take advantage of add-ons in the Acquia Network Marketplace to achieve the following:
- Social profile integration – Connect your community to popular social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn and more, to increase community participation.
- Expertise location and content recommendations – Take advantage of powerful search capabilities to find people and relevant content fast to accelerate collaboration and increase member productivity.
- Content assurance – Protect and improve the quality of community content with automated spam blocking and content moderation.
- Community-based content translation – Extend the reach of your community globally by crowdsourcing translation to trusted community leaders.
- Conversion optimization – Enable community managers to test, measure and optimize digital marketing campaigns quickly across their social applications.
"Drupal Commons 3.0 offers the right mix of out-of-the-box capabilities with the agility of an open platform that enables us to drive business results," said Jay Krall, Media Research Manager at Cision. "With Acquia's stewardship, Drupal Commons has become a mature social business platform that enables us to engage deeply with our customers and stakeholders."
About Acquia, the Enterprise Guide to Drupal
Acquia provides enterprises with the freedom to create extraordinary web experiences based on Drupal, the open source platform that integrates content, community and commerce. Offering a variety of SaaS solutions specifically designed for Drupal, Acquia gives global organizations the unparalleled ability to rapidly deploy and manage multichannel content across web and mobile devices. Co-founded by Drupal project’s creator in 2007, Acquia has helped more than 2,500 companies including Twitter, Warner Music Group, Humana, Stanford University, Mercedes-Benz and the New York MTA, to grow and scale their digital experiences with confidence. Acquia was recently named the number one software company in the 2012 Inc. 500 and was named one of the 100 most promising companies in America by Forbes Magazine. See who’s using Drupal at http://www.drupalshowcase.com, and for more information visit www.acquia.com or call +1 781 238 8600.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
11am CDT, April 29th
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.Join us!
Web Development News
|Play for Me, Jarvis||Apr 16, 2015|
|Drupageddon: SQL Injection, Database Abstraction and Hundreds of Thousands of Web Sites||Apr 15, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: .NET?||Apr 13, 2015|
|Designing Foils with XFLR5||Apr 08, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Apr 07, 2015|
- Drupageddon: SQL Injection, Database Abstraction and Hundreds of Thousands of Web Sites
- Play for Me, Jarvis
- Non-Linux FOSS: .NET?
- Designing Foils with XFLR5
- Not So Dynamic Updates
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- New Products
- New GeekGuide: Beyond Cron
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites