Acer Aspire 110 bootup problem
Hi.. I have had my Acer for 13 months and love it.. however, the other day I was on the internet and it crashed... the only way to get things moving was to hold down the power button, thus turning it off and then on again.
This was the start of the problem. The laptop then refused to boot up at all... i kept trying and now it does boot, but the TASK BAR and the INTERNET/MAIL will not work /appear.
There is a white box with a 'star' in it that says 'item not configured' alongside the 'Internet' section of the screen display.
The rest of the system works. ie I can view files, use Office and the games... but cannot use the internet and as mentioned.. I have no taskbar..
I do not have a USB CDRom... please help me get this issue resolved as this is a machine I use for working on the move.
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- August 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development