Hi.. I have had my Acer for 13 months and love it.. however, the other day I was on the internet and it crashed... the only way to get things moving was to hold down the power button, thus turning it off and then on again.
This was the start of the problem. The laptop then refused to boot up at all... i kept trying and now it does boot, but the TASK BAR and the INTERNET/MAIL will not work /appear.
There is a white box with a 'star' in it that says 'item not configured' alongside the 'Internet' section of the screen display.
The rest of the system works. ie I can view files, use Office and the games... but cannot use the internet and as mentioned.. I have no taskbar..
I do not have a USB CDRom... please help me get this issue resolved as this is a machine I use for working on the move.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Mars Needs Women
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Mixtapes Community
44 min 17 sec ago
- KDE is one true DE
1 hour 18 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
1 hour 47 min ago
3 hours 42 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
5 hours 1 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
7 hours 35 min ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
8 hours 31 min ago
- It's Jupiter
22 hours 56 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
23 hours 58 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
1 day 4 hours ago