Download "Git Adoption in the Enterprise: Factors to Consider"
With the rise in popularity of Distributed Version Control Systems (DVCS) in recent years, Git has gained momentum. Similar to the Agile movement that has been transforming the software world, Git is rising to popularity because of developers’ passion for better software and efficiency. But is the enterprise ready to adopt an entirely new model of working, possibly sacrificing the process management and security aspects of traditional software configuration and change management (SCCM)?
In this paper, you will learn about:
• The reasons developers choose to use Git as their SCCM tool
• The hidden risks of using Git across an enterprise that often lead to costly manual workarounds
• Alternative solutions that integrate with Git to make it enterprise-ready
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development