Access Mobile Linux
I've been a loyal Palm user for years so I find myself following their development of Access Linux pretty closely.
If you have a Treo 680P or any other P model, you probably can relate to my pain -- any third party app you install seems to throw it in to a tizzy of random reboots. Don't even get me started with what happened once I installed ChatterMail. And yet I can't give up this weird little Palm addiction I have.
Access Linux is intended to significantly enhance the features and functionality of future Treo smartphones with faster UI responsiveness, simultaneous voice and data usage, multi-tasking, better battery life and WiFi capabilities (oh, don't tease me, Palm!). They even promise backward compatibility to existing PalmOS apps.
Here's a video I found demo-ing Access Linux. It's very iPhone-esque:
Now we just have to wait another 9 months or so for it's release. That's like 7 years in smartphone years.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Aug 20, 2014|
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer
- RSS Feeds
- New Products
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- Building a Two-Node Linux Cluster with Heartbeat