a2ps: unknown medium 'libpaper'
Say what? This could be a bug report if I knew enough to write an intelligent one. But, I don't so consider this a note to anyone that if they get this message, they are not the first.
I am working on a Python program. I was doing it on my desktop (Kubuntu Hardy which I got to from an upgrade) and using a2ps to print out a listing. All was well. But, what I am working on needs to talk to a serial port and my desktop serial port is busy offering up Estelí weather. No problem, off to the trusty ThinkPad T20 which is also running Kubuntu Hardy which was a result of an upgrade.
The program is working and time for a new listing. Same a2ps command and I get the error message in the title. After deciding the message made no sense, I took a wild guess and looked for /etc/papersize. Aha, didn't exist. Creating it and putting letter in it and all is well. That is, all except the stupid error message.
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
|My Network Go-Bag||Aug 24, 2015|
|Doing Astronomy with Python||Aug 19, 2015|
|Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization||Aug 18, 2015|
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- My Network Go-Bag
- Doing Astronomy with Python
- Three More Lessons
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization
- Calling All Linux Nerds!