a2ps: unknown medium 'libpaper'
Say what? This could be a bug report if I knew enough to write an intelligent one. But, I don't so consider this a note to anyone that if they get this message, they are not the first.
I am working on a Python program. I was doing it on my desktop (Kubuntu Hardy which I got to from an upgrade) and using a2ps to print out a listing. All was well. But, what I am working on needs to talk to a serial port and my desktop serial port is busy offering up Estelí weather. No problem, off to the trusty ThinkPad T20 which is also running Kubuntu Hardy which was a result of an upgrade.
The program is working and time for a new listing. Same a2ps command and I get the error message in the title. After deciding the message made no sense, I took a wild guess and looked for /etc/papersize. Aha, didn't exist. Creating it and putting letter in it and all is well. That is, all except the stupid error message.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
44 min 54 sec ago
- This should be very helpful
1 hour 58 min ago
- As much as I share your point
4 hours 18 min ago
- So girls had it better ?
7 hours 50 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
8 hours 10 min ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
13 hours 42 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
18 hours 45 min ago
19 hours 4 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
19 hours 29 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
19 hours 43 min ago