2.6.13 char driver not working on 2.6.22
Hello kernel gurus.
I have a char driver module that has been working fine under 2.6.13. It is a PCI card for a Heidenhaim rotational encoder. I am now moving to 2.6.22 and it no longer works. In order to get it to build I changed exactly one line:
I changed this:
rc = pci_module_init(&ik220_driver);
rc = pci_register_driver(&ik220_driver);
Under 2.6.22 it loads fine but as soon as my app opens /dev/ik200 the kernel crashes without a trace. I added lots of printk statements to see what is going on. The printk statements for pci_driver .probe and .remove show up as expected. But as soon as my application does an open the kernel crashes immediately -- I do not even see the file_operations .open() fops entry getting called.
Any clues would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Elwood, Tucson AZ
|openHAB||Apr 24, 2017|
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
|Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi||Apr 20, 2017|
|CodeLathe's Tonido Personal Cloud||Apr 19, 2017|
|Wrapping Up the Mars Lander||Apr 18, 2017|
|MultiTaction's MT Canvus-Connect||Apr 17, 2017|
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU