Virtualization 2.0: Where the Sidewalk Ends
Feb 01, 2008 By Kevin Epstein
With VMware launching an IPO with no peak in sight and XenSource a red-hot acquisition by Citrix, it's clear that server virtualization is the flavor of the moment. But, additional challenges are faced by all hypervisor vendors and users: performance and connectivity to local data networks and to storage. The answer? Virtualization 2.0—infrastructure virtualization.
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Server Hardening
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Giving Silos Their Due
- New Products
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation