Virtualize a Server with Minimal Downtime
Feb 01, 2008 By Kyle Rankin
When it's time to convert a physical machine to a virtual one, use these steps to make the move safely and with a small maintenance window.
Kyle Rankin is a director of engineering operations in the San Francisco Bay Area, the author of a number of books including DevOps Troubleshooting and The Official Ubuntu Server Book, and is a columnist for Linux Journal.
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers
- You're the Boss with UBOS
- PostgreSQL, the NoSQL Database