Virtualize a Server with Minimal Downtime
Feb 01, 2008 By Kyle Rankin
When it's time to convert a physical machine to a virtual one, use these steps to make the move safely and with a small maintenance window.
Kyle Rankin is a director of engineering operations in the San Francisco Bay Area, the author of a number of books including DevOps Troubleshooting and The Official Ubuntu Server Book, and is a columnist for Linux Journal.
- Vagrant Simplified
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- SUSE – “Will not diverge from its Open Source roots!”
- Bluetooth Hacks
- October 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Raspberry Pi
- New Products
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- Linux and the Internet of Things