LessWatts.org is a new green project plus Web site from the Open Source Technology Center at Intel. The mission is to create “a community around saving power on Linux by bringing developers, users and sysadmins together to share software, optimizations, tips and tricks”. The site covers mobile devices, desktops and servers and uses both software and hardware solutions to reduce power consumption. One example of available solutions is PowerTOP, a tool for assessing how well a system is doing at saving power and which components are “misbehaving” while the computer is idle.
Arcom's new arrival is its TITAN PC/104 PXA270 single-board computer. TITAN is based on the Intel 520MHz PXA270 XScale RISC processor and is targeted at ultra-low-power, fanless embedded systems. Typical consumption is merely 1.5W, and additional dynamically adjusted sleep modes to reduce its power needs further are supported. The TITAN has ready-to-run development kits for embedded Linux and Microsoft Windows CE 5.0, each containing the requisite documentation and tools for immediate deployment.
Please send information about releases of Linux-related products to James Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org or New Products c/o Linux Journal, 1752 NW Market Street, #200, Seattle, WA 98107. Submissions are edited for length and content.
James Gray is Products Editor for Linux Journal
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- <Watch> HD! Watch Walking On Sunshine Online Full Movie Streaming
- Linux Systems Administrator