The Tao of Linux Security: the Five Phases of a Secure Deployment
Using the phases of the tao in your builds is the first step. This simple, ordered strategy will get you to a more secure place with your systems; however, each system is unique. Make sure your security goals match your system. Security is not difficult. Use simple and repeatable processes, stay informed of best practices and common vulnerabilities, exercise least privilege wherever possible, regularly review your logs, and you will find yourself on the Path.
Jeramiah Bowling has been a systems administrator and network engineer for more than ten years. He works for an accounting and auditing firm in Hunt Valley, Maryland, and holds numerous industry certifications, including CISSP and Linux+. Your comments are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nightfall on Linux
- Vivaldi Technologies Vivaldi Web Browser
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Installing and Running a Headless Virtualization Server
- When BirdCam Goes Mainstream
- Android Candy: More Life Gamification
- Android Browser Security--What You Haven't Been Told
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Introduction