The Tao of Linux Security: the Five Phases of a Secure Deployment
Using the phases of the tao in your builds is the first step. This simple, ordered strategy will get you to a more secure place with your systems; however, each system is unique. Make sure your security goals match your system. Security is not difficult. Use simple and repeatable processes, stay informed of best practices and common vulnerabilities, exercise least privilege wherever possible, regularly review your logs, and you will find yourself on the Path.
Jeramiah Bowling has been a systems administrator and network engineer for more than ten years. He works for an accounting and auditing firm in Hunt Valley, Maryland, and holds numerous industry certifications, including CISSP and Linux+. Your comments are welcome at email@example.com.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Writing a Simple USB Driver
- man make: a Primer on the Make Utility
- Using Django and MongoDB to Build a Blog
- Real World Linux Security
- Controlling Hardware with ioctls
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- RSS Feeds
- Downloading an Entire Web Site with wget