Work the Shell - Solve: a Command-Line Calculator
Dec 01, 2007 By Dave Taylor
Use bc as a quick-and-dirty command-line utility.
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really. He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at www.DaveTaylorOnline.com.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Web Administration Scripts
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
12 min 9 sec ago
31 min 33 sec ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
56 min 29 sec ago
- Nothing is perfect
1 hour 9 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
6 hours 48 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
7 hours 23 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
7 hours 51 min ago
9 hours 46 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
11 hours 6 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
13 hours 39 min ago