Work the Shell - Solve: a Command-Line Calculator
Dec 01, 2007 By Dave Taylor
Use bc as a quick-and-dirty command-line utility.
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really. He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at www.DaveTaylorOnline.com.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- RSS Feeds
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- System Minimization
- Why Python?
- A Non-Technical Look inside the EXT2 File System
- Radio E-Mail in West Africa
- Hacking Cell Phones via Bluetooth Tools under Linux