Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Associations
This article has discussed a feature novel to SCTP, streams. A stream allows multiple data channels on a single association. This avoids a major problem of TCP, head-of-line blocking, but it also allows applications that deal with multiple logical streams to be written more easily. The next and final article will look at how SCTP can handle multiple associations at once, simplifying the TCP model and also offering improvements over the UDP connection model.
Jan Newmarch is Honorary Senior Research Fellow at Monash University. He has been using Linux since kernel 0.98. He has written four books and many papers and given courses on many technical topics, concentrating on network programming for the last six years. His Web site is jan.newmarch.name.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- <Watch> HD! Watch Walking On Sunshine Online Full Movie Streaming