Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Associations
This article has discussed a feature novel to SCTP, streams. A stream allows multiple data channels on a single association. This avoids a major problem of TCP, head-of-line blocking, but it also allows applications that deal with multiple logical streams to be written more easily. The next and final article will look at how SCTP can handle multiple associations at once, simplifying the TCP model and also offering improvements over the UDP connection model.
Jan Newmarch is Honorary Senior Research Fellow at Monash University. He has been using Linux since kernel 0.98. He has written four books and many papers and given courses on many technical topics, concentrating on network programming for the last six years. His Web site is jan.newmarch.name.
- Chemistry on the Desktop
- Five HPC Cost Considerations to Maximize ROI
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Hodge Podge
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- FinTech and SAP HANA
- Two Factors Are Better Than One
- GRUB Boot from ISO
- Minifree Ltd.'s GNU+Linux Computers