Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Associations
This article has discussed a feature novel to SCTP, streams. A stream allows multiple data channels on a single association. This avoids a major problem of TCP, head-of-line blocking, but it also allows applications that deal with multiple logical streams to be written more easily. The next and final article will look at how SCTP can handle multiple associations at once, simplifying the TCP model and also offering improvements over the UDP connection model.
Jan Newmarch is Honorary Senior Research Fellow at Monash University. He has been using Linux since kernel 0.98. He has written four books and many papers and given courses on many technical topics, concentrating on network programming for the last six years. His Web site is jan.newmarch.name.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- New Products
- Web Administration Scripts
- Examining Load Average
- thanks for share, great
14 hours 50 min ago
- There are factors which are
19 hours 49 min ago
- Gnome 3 ?
20 hours 34 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
1 day 42 min ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
1 day 10 hours ago
- on the ground
1 day 17 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
1 day 18 hours ago
- since i have read the title i
1 day 21 hours ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
1 day 22 hours ago
- The kernel doesn't really
2 days 10 hours ago