The latest news from ActiveState is the release of Tcl Dev Kit (TDK) 4.0, a multiplatform toolkit for creating and deploying Tcl applications. In addition to providing essential tools for building self-contained, installation-free executables, TDK includes a graphical debugger, profiling and analysis tools for code optimization, a pre-compiler and a Windows services manager. New features in TDK 4.0 include checker enhancements for finding errors in Tcl scripts, enhanced TEA package management, compiler support for Tcl 8.5, GUI facelifts and support for Mac OS X and Solaris x86. Other supported platforms include Linux, Windows, AIX and HP-UX.
Grand Theft Auto ain't Pong, which is why you'll need this book—Data Structures and Algorithms for Game Developers by Allen Sherrod—for your next game undertaking. Published by Charles River Media, this title focuses on teaching game developers the fundamentals of data structures and algorithms using C++ and its alternative options, such as C++ STL. The book also covers many topics that today's game and graphics programmers must know to be successful, including geometry management techniques, KD-Trees, binary space partitioning trees, sphere trees and so on. Furthermore, the code that's included is not platform- or OS-dependent, which is just as we Linuxers like it!
Please send information about releases of Linux-related products to James Gray at email@example.com or New Products c/o Linux Journal, 1752 NW Market Street, #200, Seattle, WA 98107. Submissions are edited for length and content.
James Gray is Products Editor for Linux Journal.
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks