At the Forge - Django Views and Templates
Django, like Rails and many other Web frameworks, uses MVC to divide the work between models, views and templates. This month, we saw how to connect a URL to a view, how to pass one or more URL parameters to a view and how to invoke a template from a view.
Next month, we will see how to integrate databases and data models into a Django application.
The main Django site is at www.djangoproject.com. The site contains a great deal of documentation, including tutorials and pointers to mailing lists.
A prerelease copy of the forthcoming Django book (to be published by Apress) is at www.djangobook.com/en/beta, and although the book is still unfinished in many places, it is well written and includes many examples.
Reuven M. Lerner, a longtime Web/database consultant, is a PhD candidate in Learning Sciences at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. He currently lives with his wife and three children in Skokie, Illinois. You can read his Weblog at altneuland.lerner.co.il.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- RSS Feeds
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python