At the Forge - First Steps with Django
The main Django site is at www.djangoproject.com. The site contains a great deal of documentation, including tutorials and pointers to mailing lists.
A prerelease copy of the forthcoming Django book (to be published by Apress) is at www.djangobook.com/en/beta, and although the book is still unfinished in many places, it is written well and includes many examples.
If you're interested in comparing Ruby on Rails with Django, there are a number of sites and blog entries that look at them, some with a bit more respect for both sides than others. One thread that I found on the django-users Google group is at groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/c59a3b4e1fb9cae7?tvc=2.
Reuven M. Lerner, a longtime Web/database consultant, is a PhD candidate in Learning Sciences at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. He currently lives with his wife and three children in Skokie, Illinois. You can read his Weblog at altneuland.lerner.co.il.
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment