Resources for “Running Network Services under User-Mode Linux, Part III”
UML Home Page: user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net
UML Wiki: uml.harlowhill.com/index.php/Chroot
Rusty Russell's Comprehensive User-Mode Linux HOWTO: user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/UserModeLinux-HOWTO.html
Nagafix Ltd.'s download site, where you can obtain root filesystem images, maintained with current security patches, for a variety of Linux distributions: uml.nagafix.co.uk
David Cannings' excellent article “Networking UML Using Bridging”: edeca.net/articles/bridging
Michael McCabe and Demetrios Dimatos' article “Installing User Mode Linux”, which includes a root filesystem-creation procedure: www.clarkson.edu/class/cs644/kernel/setup/uml/uml.html
Tom Fawcett's Linux Bootdisk HOWTO. Of particular relevance here is Section 4, “Building a Root Filesystem”: www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Bootdisk-HOWTO
|December Daily Giveaways are Back!||Dec 01, 2015|
|December 2015 Video Preview||Nov 30, 2015|
|Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot||Nov 30, 2015|
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
- Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment