Resources for “Running Network Services under User-Mode Linux, Part II”
Rusty Russell's comprehensive User-Mode Linux HOWTO: user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/UserModeLinux-HOWTO.html
Nagafix Ltd.'s download site, where you can obtain root filesystem images, maintained with current security patches, for a variety of Linux distributions: uml.nagafix.co.uk
The Free Operating Systems Zoo, where you can download root filesystem images for a variety of Linux distributions (and other OSes too, but remember that User-Mode Linux only supports Linux guests): www.oszoo.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
David Cannings' excellent article “Networking UML Using Bridging”: edeca.net/articles/bridging
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
In this live one-hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for complete disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible full-system recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Chris Birchall's Re-Engineering Legacy Software (Manning Publications)
- The Italian Army Switches to LibreOffice
- Linux Mint 18
- Petros Koutoupis' RapidDisk
- ServersCheck's Thermal Imaging Camera Sensor
- Oracle vs. Google: Round 2
- The FBI and the Mozilla Foundation Lock Horns over Known Security Hole
- Privacy and the New Math