Extract and Parse ODF Files with Python
The OASIS Open Document Format specification and related information is available for download from www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office.
The documentation for tags in the content.xml file can be found at www.oasis-open.org/committees/documents.php?wg_abbrev=office.
Download Python from www.python.org.
Python in a Nutshell, Alex Martelli: O'Reilly, 2003.
Python and XML, Christopher A. Jones and Fred Drake, Jr.: O'Reilly, 2001.
XML Pocket Reference, 3rd edition, Simon St. Laurent and Michael Fitzgerald: O'Reilly, 2005.
Kamran Husain has been working with software for 20 years. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development