Extract and Parse ODF Files with Python
The OASIS Open Document Format specification and related information is available for download from www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office.
The documentation for tags in the content.xml file can be found at www.oasis-open.org/committees/documents.php?wg_abbrev=office.
Download Python from www.python.org.
Python in a Nutshell, Alex Martelli: O'Reilly, 2003.
Python and XML, Christopher A. Jones and Fred Drake, Jr.: O'Reilly, 2001.
XML Pocket Reference, 3rd edition, Simon St. Laurent and Michael Fitzgerald: O'Reilly, 2005.
Kamran Husain has been working with software for 20 years. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- New Products
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- RSS Feeds
- EdgeRouter Lite
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!