Cooking with Linux - Tonight's Menu: Diner's Choice!
François was designed by the amazing Robert Karlsson, courtesy of Linux Journal. My thanks to both for putting a face (and species) on my faithful waiter.
François, how did you manage to sneak in that portrait of yourself? You truly are efficient today, mon ami. I see that you have continued to refresh our guests' glasses. Excellent. Sadly, it seems that closing time is upon us, so the next refill will have to be the last one. My sincere thanks to everyone out there for joining me here every month these past seven years and for helping make Cooking with Linux as much fun as it has been. I also want to thank the members of my own WFTL-LUG, aka “The Lug Nuts” (new members welcome), who joined me in the restaurant today. For a complete list of past Cooking with Linux columns and links to each article on-line, check out www.marcelgagne.com/ljcooking.html. Now that François has so graciously refilled your glasses, please join me in a toast and let us all drink to one another's health. A votre santé Bon appétit!
Resources for this article: /article/9379.
Marcel Gagné is an award-winning writer living in Mississauga, Ontario. He is the author of the all new Moving to Ubuntu Linux, his fifth book from Addison-Wesley. He also makes regular television appearances as Call for Help's Linux guy. Marcel is also a pilot, a past Top-40 disc jockey, writes science fiction and fantasy, and folds a mean Origami T-Rex. He can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com. You can discover lots of other things (including great Wine links) from his Web site at www.marcelgagne.com.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN