OpenOffice.org ODF, Python and XML
I hope this introduction has been useful, but it's only the beginning of how Python/XML can work with ODF files.
For example, I had an OpenDocument spreadsheet, and I wanted to add up the values of all cells having a yellow background, which Python/XML allowed me to do. I've also had the need to get all the e-mail addresses from one column of a spreadsheet, except for those in italic or strikeout type. I don't think OpenOffice.org will let me do that, but Python/XML will.
Current Python Library Reference: docs.python.org/lib
Older (pre-2.5) Versions of Python Documentation: www.python.org/doc/versions
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell columns in Linux Journal provide a terrific introduction to shell scripting.
Collin Park has been a computer engineer since 1976 and currently works for Network Appliance. He runs Linux on four computers at home, which he shares with his wife and two teenage daughters.
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part III
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff
- Sometimes My Office Goes with Me
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux