OpenOffice.org ODF, Python and XML
I hope this introduction has been useful, but it's only the beginning of how Python/XML can work with ODF files.
For example, I had an OpenDocument spreadsheet, and I wanted to add up the values of all cells having a yellow background, which Python/XML allowed me to do. I've also had the need to get all the e-mail addresses from one column of a spreadsheet, except for those in italic or strikeout type. I don't think OpenOffice.org will let me do that, but Python/XML will.
Current Python Library Reference: docs.python.org/lib
Older (pre-2.5) Versions of Python Documentation: www.python.org/doc/versions
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell columns in Linux Journal provide a terrific introduction to shell scripting.
Collin Park has been a computer engineer since 1976 and currently works for Network Appliance. He runs Linux on four computers at home, which he shares with his wife and two teenage daughters.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- New Products
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- RSS Feeds
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development