Mambo Exploit Blocked by SELinux
Red Hat SELinux Guide: www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/selinux-guide
ComputerWorld Article on the Mambo Worm: www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/story/0,10801,108868,00.html?source=x73
Outpost24 Article on the Mambo Worm: www.outpost24.com/ops/delta/FrameIndex.jsp?page=/ops/delta/news/News.jsp%3FXID%3D1157%26XVCLANGUAGEID%3D
F-Secure Worm Report: www.f-secure.com/v-descs/mare_d.shtml
Bugtraq on Mambo Vulnerabilities: archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2006-02/0463.html
Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures Dictionary: www.cve.mitre.org
Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures Mambo Issue: www.cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2005-3738
“Disk Images under Linux”: www.mega-tokyo.com/osfaq/Disk%20Images%20Under%20Linux
Mambo RPM Packages: dag.wieers.com/packages/mambo
Richard Bullington-McGuire is the Managing Partner of PKR Internet, LLC, a software and systems consulting firm in Arlington, Virginia, specializing in Linux, open source and Java. He also founded The Obscure Organization, a nonprofit organization that promotes creativity and community through technology. He has been a Linux sysadmin since 1994. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Ubuntu Online Summit
- Devuan Beta Release
- The Qt Company's Qt Start-Up
- EnterpriseDB's EDB Postgres Advanced Server and EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- May 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- The US Government and Open-Source Software
- BitTorrent Inc.'s Sync
- New Container Image Standard Promises More Portable Apps
- Open-Source Project Secretly Funded by CIA