At the Forge - Google Web Services
This month, we took a brief look at Google's search API. Using some simple tools, including the SOAP::Lite module for Perl, we were able to build a simple command-line version of Google's search page. In coming months, we'll look at Google's map API and begin to see how we can create mashup services that combine multiple data sources.
The code for this article is available at ftp.ssc.com/pub/lj/listings/issue145/8866.tgz.
Resources for this article: /article/8881.
Reuven M. Lerner, a longtime Web/database consultant, is currently a PhD student in Learning Sciences at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. He and his wife recently celebrated the birth of their son Amotz David.
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Stepping into Science
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Radio Free Linux
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault
- Synacor, Inc.'s Zimbra Open Source Support and Zimbra Suite Plus
- Message for You, Sir!