At the Forge - Google Web Services
This month, we took a brief look at Google's search API. Using some simple tools, including the SOAP::Lite module for Perl, we were able to build a simple command-line version of Google's search page. In coming months, we'll look at Google's map API and begin to see how we can create mashup services that combine multiple data sources.
The code for this article is available at ftp.ssc.com/pub/lj/listings/issue145/8866.tgz.
Resources for this article: /article/8881.
Reuven M. Lerner, a longtime Web/database consultant, is currently a PhD student in Learning Sciences at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. He and his wife recently celebrated the birth of their son Amotz David.
- Secret Agent Man
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Own Your DNS Data
- Smoothwall Express
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Simple Server Hardening
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- March 2017 Video Preview