At the Forge - Google Web Services
This month, we took a brief look at Google's search API. Using some simple tools, including the SOAP::Lite module for Perl, we were able to build a simple command-line version of Google's search page. In coming months, we'll look at Google's map API and begin to see how we can create mashup services that combine multiple data sources.
The code for this article is available at ftp.ssc.com/pub/lj/listings/issue145/8866.tgz.
Resources for this article: /article/8881.
Reuven M. Lerner, a longtime Web/database consultant, is currently a PhD student in Learning Sciences at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. He and his wife recently celebrated the birth of their son Amotz David.
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- A Switch for Your Pi
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part III
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff
- Sometimes My Office Goes with Me