QEMU: a Multihost, Multitarget Emulator
QEMU may lack the graphical configuration and VM setup tools of commercial programs like VMware, but I have found it to be an excellent solution to the I-need-to-run-just-one-Windows-application problem. Judging from the comments I've read on the QEMU forum and on the #qemu channel on the Freenode IRC network, QEMU is well suited to solving many other problems. Give it a try, I think you'll like it.
Resources for this article: /article/8884.
Daniel Bartholomew has been using computers since the early 1980s when his parents brought home an Apple IIe (with an 80-column card!). After stints on Mac and Windows machines, he discovered Linux (Slackware) in 1996 and has been using various distributions ever since. He lives with his wife and children in North Carolina.
|Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving||May 21, 2013|
|Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development||May 20, 2013|
|Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)||May 16, 2013|
|Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This||May 15, 2013|
|Home, My Backup Data Center||May 13, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Seashore||May 10, 2013|
- RSS Feeds
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development
- Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving
- New Products
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This
- A Topic for Discussion - Open Source Feature-Richness?
- Download the Free Red Hat White Paper "Using an Open Source Framework to Catch the Bad Guy"
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Roll your own dynamic dns
4 hours 46 min ago
- Please correct the URL for Salt Stack's web site
7 hours 58 min ago
- Android is Linux -- why no better inter-operation
10 hours 13 min ago
- Connecting Android device to desktop Linux via USB
10 hours 41 min ago
- Find new cell phone and tablet pc
11 hours 40 min ago
13 hours 8 min ago
- Automatically updating Guest Additions
14 hours 17 min ago
- I like your topic on android
15 hours 3 min ago
- This is the easiest tutorial
21 hours 39 min ago
- Ahh, the Koolaid.
1 day 3 hours ago