There are several good introductions to using the more common features of GnuPG, such as the GnuPG MiniHOWTO by Brenno de Winter at the GnuPG Web site (see Resources). They explain in detail how to use the more common public key cryptography features of GnuPG.
The GnuPG mailing lists are also very useful and fully archived on the GnuPG Web site. Werner Koch, the GnuPG lead developer, frequently posts to the mailing lists and is of invaluable help.
Resources for this article: /article/8743.
Tony Stieber is an information security professional specializing in UNIX systems, cryptology and physical security. He has been learning Linux since 1999, UNIX since 1987 and computers since before 1980. He does not yet know what the next decade will offer.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer