Resources for “Building a Home Automation and Security System with Python”
Required Python Modules
sox (provides the play command): sox.sourceforge.net
“GNU Motion: Your Eye in the Sky for Computer Room Surveillance” by Phil Hollenback, LJ, March 2005: /article/7713
Serial I/O Kit: store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/QK108
Webcams: any Linux-supported Webcam that works with video for Linux.
Mier DriveAlert: www.mierproducts.com
Water Alarm: www.mitedu.freeserve.co.uk/Circuits/Alarm/walarm.htm
- How to Deliver Hybrid Apps in 2 Weeks [Webcast]
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Django Templates
- Privacy Is Personal
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- The AtoMiC Toolkit!
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet