Resources for “Building a Home Automation and Security System with Python”
Required Python Modules
sox (provides the play command): sox.sourceforge.net
“GNU Motion: Your Eye in the Sky for Computer Room Surveillance” by Phil Hollenback, LJ, March 2005: /article/7713
Serial I/O Kit: store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/QK108
Webcams: any Linux-supported Webcam that works with video for Linux.
Mier DriveAlert: www.mierproducts.com
Water Alarm: www.mitedu.freeserve.co.uk/Circuits/Alarm/walarm.htm
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Linux-Based X Terminals with XDMCP
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- DreamWorks Feature Linux and Animation
- RSS Feeds
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Linux Systems Administrator