Resources for “Building a Linux-Based Skype Server for Home Telephone Use”
Skype for Linux can be downloaded at www.skype.com/products/skype/linux.
A step-by-step guide to building your own PC can be downloaded from PC Mechanic at www.pcmech.com/byopc/index.htm.
D-BUS is part of the Free Desktop project and can be downloaded at www.freedesktop.org/Software/dbus.
SkypeMate can be downloaded at www.yealink.com/skypemate/support.htm.
A Linux compatible Skype-to-Phone adapter can be obtained from www.echostore.com/skype-phone-adaptor-usb.html.
A spreadsheet, written by the author, to help you figure out your potential savings from switching to Skype for phone services is available at www.elpispublishing.com/XHTML/downloads.php.
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory